- Simple Junk provides a Promised Price based on the items to be junked out of your home or office.
LIABILITY OF Simple Junk
- Simple Junk, the junk removal service provider that is described in this Terms of Service or other official Simple Junk document, is liable for any loss of or damage to homes serviced by Simple Junk or Simple Junk Local Owner, except as provided in this Terms of Service or other official Simple Junk document.
EXCEPTIONS FROM LIABILITY
- Simple Junk will not be liable for the following unless caused by the negligence of Simple Junk or Simple Junk Local Owner or employee.
- Damage to property described in this Terms of Service or other official Simple Junk document caused by an Act of God, the Queen’s or public enemies, riots, strikes, a defect or inherent vice in the goods, the act or default of the consignor, owner or consignee, authority of law, quarantine, delay caused by any mechanical breakdown and extreme weather conditions;
- Damage to areas of the serviced properties that Simple Junk does not service;
- Damage to the mechanical, electronic, software or other operations of radios, stereos, clocks, computers, TVs, VCRs, DVDs, appliances, musical instruments and other equipment.
- Damage to walls after Simple Junk attempts to remove items.
NOTICE OF CLAIM
- Simple Junk is not liable for damage, loss or other claims to any properties serviced under this Terms of Service or other official Simple Junk document unless notice of the damage setting out particulars of the address and date of service is given in writing to Simple Junk within 7 days after service to the property.
- Simple Junk must acknowledge receipt of the claim within 7 days after receipt of the claim.
- Verbal claims noted at the time of service do not constitute a notice of claim to Simple Junk. It is the consignee, consignor, owner or authorized agent’s responsibility to forward written notice of claim as laid out above.
- Email is considered the best way to give notice of damage, loss or other claim.
- This contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada, any dispute shall be determined by and the parties agree to submit any such dispute to the Courts of the Province of British Columbia having jurisdiction.
- Full payments are required to secure space in the junk removal schedule. Accepted payment methods are Visa, MasterCard or cryptocurrencies, like Ethereum Blockchain, Litecoin, Bitcoin, etc.
- By choosing to hire Simple Junk and making full-payment on a junk removal service, the consignee agrees to all the conditions of carriage as outlined in this document.
- Quotes are honoured for 30 days after the initial consultation. After 30 days we may change the final price to reflect changes in our costs.
SCOPE OF WORK CHANGES
- Any changes in the scope of the work will be reflected in the pricing and/or plans, including changes that happen on the day of the service. We promise our pricing, however, it is based on the square-footage requested to be removed, which if changed, the cost will need to be changed accordingly. We cannot guarantee that servicing such requests will be possible.
- If the service day is changed, the payment made will be transferred to the new service day.
- If the service is cancelled, Simple Junk will retain 10% of the total original Quote up to $200.00 to cover all credit card fees and administration costs.
- If the service is cancelled or the date is changed within 48 (forty-eight) hours of the scheduled service hour, Simple Junk will retain 50% of the total original Quote, up to $200.00 to cover all all credit card fees, administration costs and cost of lost opportunities.
- Changes to the service date are allowed once. After that, the Client will have to wait until it is sure that the service can be carried out on the chosen day. If it cannot be carried out on any of the chosen days, Simple Junk will retain fifty (50%) of the entire original Quote, up to $200 to cover the cost of lost opportunities. If the date of the service changes and Simple Junk is available, Simple Junk may also change the pricing according to availability or choose a day that is the same cost as the original Quote.
- Simple Junk must authorize scope of work changes. Unauthorized scope of work changes will be added to the invoice without notice, regardless of the Employees’ acceptance.
- We appreciate your business and if there is anything that you would like us to know about, please call immediately. Thank you.
- As of Jan 22, 2018, we do not accept cash, cheque or email transfer as forms of payment, except in special circumstances and at the discretion of the Simple Junk management.
- Update: Grammar and wording 2023-06-13